An Italian staple, marinated olives are a perfect snack any time of day. Put a bowl of olives in your picnic basket or set them on the table for your next dinner party.
- 2 cups Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives
- 2 cups cracked brine-cured green olives
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 6 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow pan and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days, turning occasionally. Transfer olives and some marinade to a bowl. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature before serving.