One of my favorite ways to say goodbye to summer is to make a refreshingly sweet and tart Golden Tomato Gazpacho. With very little effort you can dazzle your friends by letting the seasons final bounty strut its stuff.
- 8 large yellow tomatoes
- 2 large yellow peppers
- 1 small yellow watermelon
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 3 cups sherry vinegar
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 cup sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Cut all the vegetables and melon into a medium dice and toss with salt, pepper, sugar, lime juice and sherry vinegar.
- Refrigerate and let marinate for 2 – 4 hours.
- Puree the mixture using a blender or hand-held burr mixer.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve in chilled bowls.
As you can see in the photo, I served the Gazpacho in shot glasses and topped it with a piece of jumbo lump crab meat, micro arugula and finished it with extra virgin olive oil.
© Giovanni Cucullo 2010